You can have your caller ID show your NextPBX number when making outgoing calls. To do this, login to your NextPBX dashboard.
For non-PBX numbers, click on the number you want to use. Click on Configuration, then click on Settings.
For PBX numbers, click on the extension you want to use. Click on Configuration, then click on Settings.
You will then see the Profile Setup. Under "Do you want to enable Outbound Caller ID?", choose Yes from the dropdown menu. You will get an alert box explaining that you should only enable this feature if you will be making outbound calls. Click OK.
Under "What do you want to display as your Outbound Caller ID?", choose your NextPBX number.
Now you're ready to make a call.
- Dial your NextPBX number, then press the star key (*).
- When prompted, enter your passcode.
- Press 5.
- You'll then get a dial tone. Dial the area code and the phone number. (For toll-free calls, don't dial the 1.)
If you have a PBX extension:
- Dial the main number and press the star key (*).
- Enter your box number extension.
- Enter your pass code.
- Press 5.
You can then make your call.
NOTE: When calling out from system, be aware that the time on the phone goes toward your bundled plan minutes.