Login to your NextPBX dashboard. In the left-hand menu, click on the number you want to setup. Click on Configuration, then click on "Change Application."
You'll see five icons representing the five main applications we have. Click on the Voicemail icon. A dialog box will open.
Step 1 of the setup will allow you to perform the following functions:
- Enter the first name of the mailbox owner
- Enter the last name of the mailbox owner
- Enter the time zone of the mailbox owner
- How many rings callers should hear before voicemail answers (recommended: 1)
- Enable advanced email options that will allow you to customize email templates to use
- The email address you would like voice or fax messages sent to. You can enter more than one email address in this field, separated by a semicolon.
Click the Next button. Step 2 allows you to change:
- The file format of your voice messages (mp3 or wav)
- The file format of your fax messages (pdf or tif)
- The option of accessing messages from the dashboard
- How many days you want new messages to be saved (0-9)
- How many days you want saved messages to be kept (10-90)
Click the Save button. You'll get a confirmation messages asking if you're sure you want to save the settings. If you're sure, click Yes; if not, click No. You'll be taken back to Step 2.
If you click Yes, a dialog box will open confirming the change.
Be sure to upload a greeting for your voicemail.
NOTE: To keep your system in Voicemail mode, make sure that it is highlighted in the main menu under "Change Application."